ABB South Africa understands that Young Talent is the future, hence it does it’s best to recruit, select, develop, place, and retain young talent by providing the best working and learning environment that allows them to write the future together. Working for ABB South Africa as a Support Function Graduate you will not only get hands-on experience in one of the leading Engineering, Technology and Innovation companies in the world, you will also get an opportunity to develop your skills beyond what you have learned in class.
All our Young Talent Programmes are based on the 70:20:10 Model of Learning and Development which is based on three types of learning:
- Hands-on (70%)
- Asking questions (20%)
- Classroom (10%).
For the 2020 Intake, they are looking for graduates in the below areas for which they have highly structured rotation matrices.
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Control and Instrumentation
- Electrical Engineering: You will learn the Testing of Switchgear on all EPMV areas. Primary, Secondary, Modular and Service area, Testing, Working with electrical and mechanical designs for switchgear and CAD drawings.
- Mechanical Engineering: You will learn Basic design and draughting of motors, basic electrical and mechanical workings on electric motor, and project coordination.
- Control and Instrumentation: You will learn about our Control Systems, Field Instrumentation and Actuators, Design and Commissioning of DCS.
- Industrial Engineering: You will get learn our Factory Operations, Time Studies and Process Improvements.
- A Critical part of ABB’s operating philosophy is safety and integrity; Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You should have a BSc or B-tech or Diploma in any of the areas mentioned above.
- In addition to the hunger to learn, you should demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving, creativity, innovation complemented with solid interpersonal and leadership skills and high self-confidence.
- As par of the program you might be included to execute site work and travelling for sales, service and commissioning of our products in countries where we have operations.
HOW TO APPLY?
>>Apply Online For ABB: Young Talent Programme 2020/2021
NB: Please attach your academic record to your application. Your application will be immediately disqualified if this document is not attached.
Closing date: 6 March 2020