DEPARTMENT: Stats SA
SALARY: R6 083.70 Stipend (for 24 months duration)
Stats SA provides scientific knowledge that enables society to understand complex socio-economic phenomena. It draws its mandate from the Statistics Act, 1999 (Act No 6 of 1999). Stats SA strives to excel in the following five competencies:
- Intellectual capability to lead the scientific work of statistics.
- Technological competence for purposes of large-scale processing and for complex computations and accessibility of information to the public.
- Logistical competence for deployment of (forward and reverse) logistics of large-scale field operations and for strategic choices regarding operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Political competence in understanding the political environment without being political or Politicised (commitment of delivery without fear of favour).
- Administrative competence: The ability of bringing it all together.
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF 6) in the above-mentioned fields. Applicants that still need to finish or qualify for a Degree or National Diploma should not apply.
- Be an unemployed graduate aged between 20–35 years;
- Have completed a Degree/National Diploma (NQF 6) or Honours/ Masters Degree in the under-mentioned disciplines/ fields of study from accredited institutions of Higher Learning; and
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must not have participated in an Internship in the Public Service
FIELD, QUALIFICATION, STATION & REF:NO
- Statistics | Economics/Econometrics/Statistics/Social Sciences/Mathematical Statistics/Demography | Head Office (01/01/20HO)
- Data Science |Computer Science/ Statistics/ Applied Mathematics | Head Office (02/01/20HO)
- Demography | Population Studies/ Demography/ Statistics/ Development Studies | Head Office (03/01/20HO)
- Geography | Geography/Geomatics/GIS/Environmental Studies | Head Office (04/01/20HO)
- System Development and Analysis/ICT | Information Technology/Computer Science/Financial Information Systems/Programming/Software Development/Networking | Head Office (05/01/20HO)
- Logistics | Logistics Management/Transport Management/Transport Economics | Head Office (06/01/20HO)
- Governance (Risk Management; Fraud and Compliance; Governance and Policy Unit) | Risk Management/Accounting/Internal Audit/Policing/Fraud and Investigation/Investigation/Forensic | Head Office (07/01/20HO)
- Communication, Marketing, Digital and Media Studies | Web Design/ Printmaking and Typography/ Media Writing/ Digital photography and Digital Imaging Manipulation/Visual Digital Communication/Graphic Design/Journalism | Head Office (08/01/20HO)
- Actuarial Science | Actuarial Science/ Computational and Applied Mathematics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Statistics/Mathematics | Head Office (09/01/20HO)
- Data Analysis | Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics | Head Office (10/01/20HO)
- Social Science | Economics/ Demography/ Statistics/ Sociology/ Population Studies/Development Studies | Head Office (11/01/20HO)
- Kindly contact Ms Zanele Khumalo on (012) 337 6371 or Ms Sphiwe Ringane on (012) 310 8089
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must be submitted online on the following link: www.statssa.gov.za/recruitment
- Applicants must attach a recent copy of the CV, certified copies of: Matric certificate, academic qualifications with academic transcripts (academic record) and ID
- Candidates wishing to apply for an Internship outside their area of residence must be willing to find their own accommodation and transportation considering that they will be earning a stipend
- Failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered
- Applicants will be expected to be available for assessments and selection interviews at a time, date and place as determined by the Department
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA)
- All appointments for internship are subject to the verification and pre-screening process
- Statistics South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment
- Manual applications will not be accepted
- Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
Closing Date: 30 January 2020 at 12:00