Position: Belgotex: Finance Internship Programme 2023
Duration: 9 – 12 Months
Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, ZA
Salary: R6,000.00 – R6,500.00 pm
Are you ready to embark on a rewarding and enriching internship experience, with a one-of-a kind company? Are you a dynamic and exceptional individual ready to learn and discover countless opportunities growing with a team of exceptional professionals?
Then Belgotex is looking for you!
We are inviting suitable candidates to apply for our Finance Intern position within Belgotex’s Go Group Foundation.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of operational and analytical tasks within the Go Group Foundation. They will perform financial transactions that are required to be processed promptly, effectively and with integrity. The successful candidate needs to be able to communicate effectively with team members to ensure that timelines are being met.
The role will be reporting to the Go Group General Manager and Manager.
Role Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing payments weekly and monthly (capturing on Pastel and loading payments on the banking system)
- Ensuring approvals and requisitions are in place
- Process customer invoices, purchase orders, GRV’s and credit notes and filing of POD’s for all customer invoices processed.
- Reconciliation of supplier / customer accounts
- Accurate allocation of payments received and sending out monthly statements
- Sorting and filing of financial records
- Capturing inventory items and updating price lists
- Monthly inventory count to be completed and sent to Manager
- Perform all admin and ad hoc tasks as assigned by designated Manager
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain BEE skills sheet on a quarterly basis
- Capturing and ensuring approvals for credit card returns are in place on a monthly basis
- Bursary administration
- Loan account allocations
- Bank statement allocations
- Assist with all other ad hoc activities assigned
- Grade 12 with maths/maths literacy and,
- A completed Bachelor of Commerce Degree / Diploma in Accounting or relevant equivalent qualification
Required Technical and Soft Skills:
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office productivity tools (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Analytical Thinker
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Deadline and results driven
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions
How to Apply
10 February 2023