The internship programme is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of information technology and the underlying reforms. The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during university training.
- Northern Cape, Kimberley
- The applicant must be in possession of a MCSE, Comptia A+ and N+. A B.Sc degree in Computer Science will be an added advantage.
- A good aptitude for IT Technical support. Good verbal and writing skills.
- Fundamental understanding of Network topology and protocols and troubleshooting skills for Hardware, Software and Network peripherals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applying guidelines in respect of troubleshooting and installation of new software and/or hardware.
- Setting up, installing and testing new units, seeking approval and correcting deviations prior to handover.
- Checking and communicating functionality in the live environment to internal technical support personnel.
- Applying instructions and guidelines to support end-users with queries on the capability of application software, peripheral devices, connectivity and/ or functionality of operating software and hardware devices.
- Providing guidance to new users with start-up /log-on procedures and/or sequences, tools and capabilities of associated packages.
- Updating asset details of computer equipment and accessories located within the organization.
- 26 February 2021
How to Apply
- Appointments will be made according to the municipality’s employment equity policy and affirmative action practices.
- The completion of application forms is mandatory and must be accompanied by detailed and comprehensive curriculum vitae and is to be accompanied by certified copies of ID and qualifications.
Applications should be forwarded to the following postal address:
THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER,
FRANCES BAARD DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY,
PRIVATE BAG X6088,
or hand delivered to: 51 DRAKENSBERG AVENUE, CARTERS GLEN, KIMBERLEY.
>>View Advert for Frances Baard District Municipality: IT Internship 2021
>>New Z83 Application Form | >>New Editable Z83 Application Form