The Municipal Finance Management Internship Program is a structured professional training and work experience program with the goal of providing high quality and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget, Risk Management, Internal Auditing and Treasury Office which is governed by the Municipal Finance Management Act, Act 56 of 2003 and the underlying reforms.
The program has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competence acquired during University, Technikon and college training. It ends where appropriate, with the credits or a qualification in Municipal Finance Management in line with the Municipal Minimum Competency Regulations, Gazette 29967 of June 2007.
- Two-year contract position with an option to extend for further twelve months.
- Ladismith, Western Cape.
- A three year’s Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma (NQF 6) / or FET College Diploma (with major concentrations in Economics, Accounting or Finance, Local Government Finance, Internal Auditing or Risk Management).
- Proficiency in two (2) languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/English/Xhosa – Speak, Read and Write) Computer Literacy (MS Office Applications) High Level of responsibility and ability to give attention to detail Accountancy and Numeracy Skills.
- Basic Knowledge of monthly reconciliations, Knowledge with regards to Internal Audit processes, Good Communication Skills.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Implementation of GRAP and Budget Reforms.
- Financial and Performance reporting.
- Change, Risk and Project Management.
- Expenditure and Revenue Management, Supply Chain/Procurement Management.
- Communication and Implementation of the Municipal Finance Management Act.
- Asset Management.
- Risk Management/Internal Auditing.
- IT and Governance.
- An all-inclusive Salary Package of R120 000.00 per annum.
- further information contact the Human Resource Division at 028-551 8000, P O Box 30, LADISMITH, 6655
HOW TO APPLY
- Application forms and further information: Application forms are available at the Kannaland Municipality website.
- Electronic applications may be e-mailed to [email protected]
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only, if you do not receive a response within 3 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 07 February 2020 at 12:00