Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
Remuneration: Market Related
Ever wanted to work at YOU magazine? Media24 has a 12-month internship position in its Joburg or Cape Town office for a digitally savvy journalist as part of the Media24 Graduate Programme to start in February 2023.
- you have a degree or diploma in journalism, languages, politics of media studies.
- you love stories and storytelling no matter what format and platform.
- you can write like a dream but are also interested in digital media.
- you’re capable of producing engaging videos that can hold attention for more than 20 seconds.
- you are comfortable shooting a video on a smartphone.
- you’re curious about the world and the people who live in it.
- you’re hungry to learn and grow.
- Excellent storytelling skills both in words and in video format.
- The ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
- The ability to find a fresh angle on a story and to generate original ideas.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok.
- The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
- Drive, energy and basic awesomeness.
- Producing stories for Media24 platforms, either in the world of news at News24 and The Witness, or in the world of magazines at YOU, Drum or True Love.
- Working on social media platforms in various formats, including video.
- Assisting the team with uploading content when required.
- Scouring the web for interesting stories that our audiences will love.
- Assisting with curating content or compiling newsletters that our audiences will want to open.
- Assisting with producing/managing digital campaigns.
Special Employment Conditions
- South African Citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s licence and own reliable transport
How To Apply
Apply online for Media24: Graduate Programme 2022/23
18 November 2022