Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, ZA
Remuneration: Market Related
- Matric with Mathematics & Physical Science
- Working towards or completed Food technology or Food Science diploma or degree
- Any of the following training/skills: physical-chemistry, colloids, soft matter physics, food science
- Requiring 1-year internship opportunity
- Fluent in English; both oral and written
- Basic computer literacy, i.e.: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A great passion for foods
- Candidates need to provide their Matric Certificate, ID, and Academic Transcript with their CV’s
As an R&D Intern at Unilever focusing on Formulation your key responsibilities & accountabilities could be (amongst others):
- Literature, patents and product reviews for mapping innovation / formulation space.
- Product design and development that meet Unilever Highest Nutritional Standards to address trends in the market.
- Experimental work on formulation optimization and product quality improvement.
- Development and application of formulation-specific methods for accelerated shelf-life studies.
- Carry out the product stability testing, micro challenge, and performance testing.
- Product characterization for culinary / sensory related advice to product development.
- Conduct foods products sensory evaluation.
- Supporting the Research and Development activities related to the cost-effective implementation.
- Responsible for integrity of specifications and formulations in specification management system.
- Conduct material and supplier change risk assessment.
How To Apply