The South African Army, through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS), is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform on a two-year contract. The Military Skills Development System is a two-year voluntary service system with the long term goal of enhancing the SA National Defence Force’s deployment capability.
Successful MSDS candidates will be appointed in a specific mustering and will be called up to a Training Unit, where members will complete their Basic Military Training, specific mustering and functional training in the first year and be utilized or deployed internally or externally in the second year of the MSDS.
- No dual citizenship: Be a South African citizen only
- Grade 12 Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years
- Graduates and/or other Tertiary Qualification up to the age of 26 years
- Successfully completed Grade 12 with (Average of 50% or level 4) (Mathematics and Science will be advantageous)
- Admission Point Score (APS) of 17 excl Life Orientation (LO)
- Leadership potential
- Not to be area bound
- Have no criminal record or pending cases
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for the appointment (Minimum height Females 148cm, Males 155cm and Minimum weight Females 48kg, Males 52kg (Within average height/weight ratio.
Specific related enquiries can be directed to (012) 355 1438 or (012) 355 2130.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you be interested in the Military Skills Development System in the SA Army, please complete the form below with the requested documentation enclosed and post it to:
SA Army HQ, Chief Directorate Army Corporate Services, Directorate Army
Human Resources, Private Bag X 981, Pretoria, 0001.
Closing Date: 29 February 2020 at 12:00
- Should you not receive a response by 31 October 2020, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Further information can be obtained on www.dod.mil.za or www.army.mil.za
- During the selections, the applicants will be subjected to Psychometric and Medical Evaluation; Verification of criminal records; Vetting and Verification of qualifications.