The SA Navy is offering young South African citizens an excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a two-year period. The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two-year voluntary service system with the aim of equipping and developing young South Africans with the necessary skills in order to compete in the open market.
Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two-years, during which they will receive Military Training and further Functional Training.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WITH GRADE 12 ONLY
- Combat applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science at level 4.
- Engineering and Technical Applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least
Level 4 for both subjects.
- Support applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12.
- Grade 12 statement of results for 2018 and before will not be accepted. (Grade 12 certificate is required)
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATES
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with a degree, N6 or trade test certificate in Mechanical, Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have completed Grade 12 with a Degree or National Diploma in Human Resource or Logistics.
APPLICANTS MUST ALSO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- South African Citizen (no dual citizenship).
- Have no record of criminal offences.
- Not be area bound.
- Preferably single.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF
- Be free from physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
THIS APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE
FOLLOWING CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS
- Copy of ID
- A Short CV
- Copy of Grade 12 certificate
- N6 with Trade Test)
Admission Enquiries can be directed to:
SA Navy Recruitment Centre at (012) 339 4421/4252/4084
HOW TO APPLY
If interested in the MSDS in the SA Navy, kindly complete the application form with the requested documents & post to:
Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarters (Recruitment Centre)
Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001
Closing Date: 29 February 2020 at 12:00
- Should you not receive a response by 31 October 2020, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Further information can be obtained on www.dod.mil.za or www.navy.mil.za