Here is an exciting opportunity to join our De Beers Sightholder Sales SA (DBSSSA) business as a Mining Learner (Diamond Sorter) for 12 months where you will be exposed to institutional learning and workplace experience.
The Learnership is a work-based learning programme that leads to a nationally recognised qualification that is directly related to an occupation. Learnerships combine a 30% structured learning component with a 70% practical work experience that is acquired while being employed with DBSSSA.
Instruction will take place at the DBSSSA Diamond Academy, as an MQA accredited training provider.
As a Diamond Sorter Learner, you will be provided with the required learning and workplace experience that will enable you to obtain a FET Certificate in Diamond Design and Evaluation (NQF Level 4).
- Sort and evaluate rough diamonds in a strictly controlled security environment.
- Adhere to all legislative requirements specified in the Learning agreement.
- Take control of your training, to ask questions and seek answers.
- Demonstrate ability and competence as per learnership requirements within the scheduled duration of 12 months.
- A minimum educational qualification at Grade 12 with:
- Mathematics (minimum pass rate of 50%) or
- Mathematical Literacy (minimum pass rate of 70%)
- English and one other language
- Basic MS Office skills
- Be prepared to operate in a strictly controlled security environment
- Ability to carry out requirements of the associated occupational requirements
- Successful completion of integrity testing assessments (Polygraph testing, Personal Vetting)
- Successful security clearance
- Successful completion of pre-recruitment assessments as deemed necessary by the organisation
- 12 March 2021
How to Apply
Applications must consist of :
- A covering letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae,
- Certified copies of original qualifications,
- Academic transcripts and
- The applicant’s ID.