The South African Air Force is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer persons, whose appointment will promote representivity, will receive preference. Successful candidates will undergo full time training for two-years, during which, they will receive military and further functional training. The SA Air Force intends to capacitate the candidates to be highly skilled and disciplined military professionals and patriotic citizens.
- 26 Years if in possession of a degree with Level – 4 Maths and Science
- 18–24 Years – Completed Grade 12 or Equivalent (University Entrance) Mathematics and Physical Science minimum Level – 4 (Essential)
- English Level – 4 (Essential)
- N4 to N5 minimum-60%, N6 or 1st year University of Technology or University minimum–50%
- RSA Citizen (No dual citizenship)
- Preferably Single
- Not Area Bound
- No Criminal Record
- Physically and Medically Fit
- No Hearing Impairment (No hearing aid)
- Have 6/6-eye vision (No contact lenses or corrective lenses or surgery)
APPLICANTS MAY SELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Airspace Controller
PILOTS AND NAVIGATORS ARE TO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Minimum Height –1600mm, Maximum Height –1900mm
- Minimum Weight – 53kg; Maximum – 102kg
- 18–22 Years – Completed Grade 12 or NSC or Equivalent (University Entrance)
- Mathematics and Physical Science minimum Level-6 (Essential)
- English Level-5 (Essential)
- University Admission Point Score (APS) of 35
ENGINEERS MAY SELECT FROM THE FOLLOWING
- Industrial Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
Specific related enquiries can be directed to 012-312-2875/2319/2609/1261/2752/2665
HOW TO APPLY
Should you be interested in the Military Skills Development System in the SA Army, please complete the form below with the requested documentation enclosed and post it to:
SA Air Force Headquarters
(Directorate Human Resource Services)
Private Bag X199
Closing Date: 29 February 2020 at 12:00
- Attach Certified Identity Document and CV with Qualifications.
- Statements of symbols for matriculants of 2018 and before will not be accepted.
- Admission point score (APS) of 17, (excluding Life Orientation).
- Applicants in position of the National N-Diploma (N4-N6) all copies of the qualification must be attached.
- Applicant must not have visible Tattoos (lower Arm, Neck and Face)
- Should you not receive a response by 31 October 2020, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Further information can be obtained on www.dod.mil.za or www.army.mil.za
- During the selections, the applicants will be subjected to Psychometric and Medical Evaluation; Verification of criminal records; Vetting and Verification of qualifications.