The Department of Defence is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The intention is to promote representative in the Public Service through the filling of these posts and with persons whose appointment will promote representativity, will receive preference.
- REF NO: SAAF/06/19/01 | 68 Air School Pretoria.
- A minimum of Grade 10 or ABET Level 1 – 4.
- Knowledge of a limited range of work procedures such as planning and organizing, equipment use, training, food preparation.
- Must be physically fit and healthy
Rendering assistance with the preparation and serving of food/drinks in all its forms by:
- Hygienically preparation (i.e. wash, cut and cook) and serving of food.
- Preparing and serving tea, coffee and drinks. Supplying water on dining tables.
- Keeping kitchen, dining hall and food storage areas clean and tidy.
- Removing all kitchen waste. Packing supplies received in the food storage areas.
- Washing and cleaning up after meals. Setting tables (including decoration thereof).
- Waiting on tables.
- Ensure only authorised personnel have access to the kitchen and/or consume meals.
- Ensure the serviceability of equipment and report any defects or shortages.
- Apply a high standard of hygiene as well as safety measures in the work environment.
- R102 534 per annum (Level 02)
How to Apply
All applications are to be sent to:
Department of Defence, 68 Air School, PO Box 15088, Lyttelton, 0140 or maybe hand delivered to 68 Air School, Trichardt road, Lyttelto, Pretoria
- All applicants must be SA citizens/ permanent residents.
- Applications must be submitted on Z83 form obtainable from any public service department or on the internet or here must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV (with contactable references and certified copies of all qualifications, Identity Document (ID) not older than three months, including Drivers’ license (where it is required).
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and the evaluation certificate from SAQA must be attached.
- Failure to sign z83 and submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
- Candidates whose appointments will promote representatively in terms of race, gender and disability will receive preference.
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed applicants.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification, and previous employment verification).
- All shortlisted candidates for Senior Management Service posts will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign an annual performance agreement, disclose his/her financial interests and be subjected to security clearance.
Closing date: 30 August 2019 @16:00