The Department rural development and land reform (DRDLR)has available positions in the Office Of The Registrar Of Deeds in the following areas:
- Johannesburg [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/025]
- Kimberley [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/026]
- King Williams Town [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/027]
- Limpopo [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/028]
- Mpumalanga [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/029]
- Pietermaritzburg [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/030]
- R257 508 per annum (Level 07)
- National Diploma in Deeds Registration/Law. B Uris/B Proc/LLB will be an added advantage.
- No experience required.
- 1 year experience in examination of deeds (INTERNSHIP) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on registration of Deeds.
- Interpretation of statutes.
- Examination of Deeds.
- Computer skills.
- Communication skills.
- Problem solving.
- Interpersonal skill.
- Prepare deeds for examination. Name stamp on the jacket/cover of the document.
- Verify registration information against data information.
- Complete data amendment request form. Link batches, endorse deeds and complete all the endorsements.
- Complete fee endorsement, indicate exemption category and authority.
- Indicate rates expiry date on the cover/jacket. Examine deeds and documents.
- Check the correctness of the drafting of deeds.
- Raise notes referring to the relevant authority.
- Check compliance of notes on re-lodged deeds and remove notes if complied.
- Link all relevant documents. Attend to rectification of office errors.
- Interpret interdicts.
- File updated acts, manuals and circulars.
- Complete notification form/jacket endorsement for other sections (diagram, etc.).
- Verify registration information.
- Check and interpret interdicts, reflect details and comply with the authority.
- Complete the interdicts form and raise note.
- Check and interpret sectional titles files.
- Raise queries if non complied and endorse deeds.
- Check and interpret township files, general plan and ensure that appropriate title conditions/servitudes are brought forward.
- Consult with clients relating to deeds and documents.
- Discuss notes with Conveyancers and provide guidance.
- Check the deeds for compliance and remove notes at counter queries.
- Collect and return deeds to distribution for monitoring purposes.
- Collect deeds at distribution.
- Counts deeds. Return any broken batch to distribution immediately.
- Submit all examined deeds to distribution section.
HOW TO APPLY
Johannesburg [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/025]
Applications must be submitted to: Office of the Registrar of Deeds: Johannesburg, Private Bag X61873, Marshalltown, 2107 or hand it delivered to: 208-212 Marble
Towers Building, Corner Von Weilligh & Prichard Street, Johannesburg. ENQ [Ms. LR Maloka Tel No: (011) 843 8362]
Kimberley [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/026]
Applications must be submitted to: Office of the Registrar of Deeds: Kimberley, Private Bag X5026, Kimberley, 8301 or hand it delivered to: New Public Building, 9th floor, Corner Knight and Stead Street. ENQ [Mr. MV Mbizeni Tel No: (053) 832 7228]
King Williams Town [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/027]
Applications must be submitted to: Office of the Registrar of Deeds: King Williams Town, Private Bag X7402, King William’s Town, 5601 or hand it delivered to: 113 Alexandra Road, Ground floor (Security desk), King William’s Town. ENQ [Ms. M Mobe Tel No: (043) 642 2741]
Limpopo [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/028]
Applications must be submitted to: Office of the Registrar of Deeds: Limpopo, Private Bag X9717, Polokwane, 0700 or hand it delivered to: 101 Dorp Street, Polokwane, (Security desk) ENQ [Ms. MS Madibana Tel No: (015) 283 2359]
Mpumalanga [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/029]
Applications must be submitted to: Office of the Registrar of Deeds: Mpumalanga, Private Bag X11239, Nelspruit, 1200 or hand it delivered to: 25 Bell Street, Old BMW Building, Nelspruit. ENQ [Ms. TF Makama Tel No: (013) 756 4065]
Pietermaritzburg [REF NO: 3/2/1/2020/030]
Applications must be submitted to: Office of the Registrar of Deeds: Pietermaritzburg, Private Bag X9028, Pietermaritzburg, 3201 or hand it delivered to: 300 Pietermaritz Street, High Court Building, Pietermaritzburg, (Security desk). ENQ [Mr. MF Mncwabe Tel No: (033) 355 6955]
Closing Date: 07 February 2020 at 16:00
- DRDLR requests applicants to apply manually by submitting applications on form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service department that should be accompanied by comprehensive CVs (previous experience must be expansively detailed) and certified (certification must not be older than 12 months) copies of qualifications, service certificates (in case of an OSD post), identification document and permanent residency/work permit.
- Reasonable accommodation shall apply for People with Disabilities (including where a driver’s licence is a requirement in a non-Occupational Specific Dispensation (OSD) post). Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
- It would be appreciated if you can only attach course certificates applicable to the post requirements.
- Failure to submit the requested documents may result in your application not being considered.
- If you apply for more than one post, submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
- Correspondents will be entered into with short-listed candidates within three months after the closing date of the post.
- If by then you have not been contacted for an interview you were not successful in your application.
- All applicants must be SA Citizens/Permanent Residents or Non-SA Citizens with a valid work permit.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and/or competency assessments at a time, date and place as determined by DRDLR.
- The Department reserves the right to conduct pre-employment security screening and the appointment is subject to a positive security clearance outcome.
- Applicants must declare any/pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during/ after the interview took place, note that the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated.