DEPARTMENT: Public Works & Infrastructure
SALARY : R190 653 – R211 596 per annum (All-inclusive salary package) (OSD)
CENTRE : Cape Town Regional Office
REF NO: 2020/26
- Bricklayer (X1 Post)
- Electrician (X1 Post)
- Proof of passing a trade test in terms of the provision of Section 13(2)(h) of the Manpower training act, 1981, as amended or a certificate issued under the provision of the repeal section 27 of the Act :Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- It is expected of an officials to have a general knowledge to their respective Trades
- Valid Driver’s license
- The successful candidate must be able to compile material quantities per project, will be required to maintain all Government Buildings including new work to buildings
- Must be willing to work overtime if and when required.
- Compile progress reports on projects and monitor Artisan assistants and Learners.
- Report directly to Artisan Superintendent.
- It will be expected of the incumbent to climb ladders for inspection, to work in a confined space and do maintenance in the government building
- Adhere to the requirements of the job.
- Messer’s: L Dunga: 2336, Tel No: (021) 402 2346, M. Gazi 2185, M Stephens Tel No: (021) 402 2334
HOW TO APPLY
The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000. Or Hand Deliver at Customs House Building Lower Heerengracht Street Cape Town.
For Attention: Ms.E.Booysen
Closing Date: 21 February 2020 at 16:00
- An indication by candidates in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications.
- If no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups can be recruited, candidates from the represented groups will be considered.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be submitted on a signed Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, recently certified (within 6 months) copies of qualifications (matric certificate, certificates of qualifications), a valid Driver’s Licence (where required) and an Identification Document. Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA.
- Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates. Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance.
- Faxed, emailed or late applications will not be accepted. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Note: All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a compulsory technical or competency-based exercise that intends to test the relevant technical elements of the job as part of the interview process.
- Following the technical exercise and the interview the selection panel will identify candidates to undergo the generic management competency assessments and successful candidate to sign a performance agreement and be subjected to security clearance.