The City Of Cape Town is offering fire fighter opportunities to interested individuals in the department of Fire Services.
Ref: SS 1/20 Ext
Salary: Basic Salary: R163 948 p.a
- Grade 12 qualification (Mathematics and Physical Science preferred)
- 18 years or older
- Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces or heights
- Must be medically and physically fit
- Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No Criminal Record
- Successful candidates must be available to start training on 1 June 2020
- Successfully complete the Firefighter 1, Firefighter 2, Hazmat Awareness, Hazmat Operations and First Aid Level 3 courses presented by the learning institution
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Practical assessment comprising
- Acrophobia and Claustrophobia tests.
- Candidates must also pass a written assessment (Mathematics and comprehension), interview, medical evaluation and substance abuse test PRIOR to appointment.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ATTACHED TO POST
- Non-permanent contract position for duration of training
- Candidates will only be appointed to permanent Learner Fire Fighter position on successful completion of the prescribed training programme
- Required to wear a uniform and protective clothing.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply you must :
- Report to 53 Berkley Rd,Ndabeni (old abattoir premises)
Gates close at 08:30
- Strictly no late coming will be allowed
To be considered for these positions and participate in the assessments, applicants must follow the instructions as detailed below:
If your surname starts with :
A, B, C, D, E [10 February 2020]
F, G, H, I, J, [11 February 2020]
K, L, M, [12 February 2020]
N, O, P, Q, [13 February 2020]
R, S T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z [14 February 2020]
Make sure to bring along:
- Original ID Document
- Recently certified copy of ID (not older than 6 months)
- Original Grade 12 Certificate
- Recently certified copy of Grade 12 certificate (not older than 6 months)
- Statement of results only accepted for 2019 Matriculants (original & certified copy)
- PT clothes, running shoes
- Participants to provide own refreshments for the day.
- Be prepared for all weather conditions.
>>Click here to View Job Post for Detailed Instructions
Closing Date: 14 February 2020 at 15:00
- No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants or with third parties.