Location: Cape Town, ZA
Duration: 12 Months (Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: R 127 328 per annum
Brand: City of Cape Town
- A minimum of an NTC 3 technical qualification (Electrical Trade Theory, Mathematics, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics or any other subject in the Heavy current
stream with Matric OR Technical Matric (Grade 12 – English, Electrical Trade Theory, Mathematics, Physical Science and any other subject) OR Full NCV 4 Electrical ( with 7 subjects)
- A passion for the Electrical Field
- Must reside in the City of Cape Town metropole
- A valid driver’s licence (preferably Code C1 (old Code10) is recommended
- Not have qualified in any trade by the time of programme commencement.
- Not in possession of a National S Diploma qualification or higher.
NB: Candidates with medical conditions that may negatively impact on the Apprentices Programme will NOT be considered eg. Epilepsy, colour blindness, etc.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- As a learner, you are expected to complete your qualification on record time and in line with your contract agreement for the stipulated period.
Key Attributes and Competencies
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Rand Water mandate and its contribution to the water sector
- Mus have excellent Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be Self motivated and results-driven
How to Apply
- By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three(3) months of closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
10 February 2023