British American Tobacco South Africa is looking for a talented individuals to work in their operations division and be part of the team in Paarl, South Africa for a fixed, one-year period term. If you are still a student at the Cape Town University of Technology or any other technological university in the country and if you are looking for a working opportunity for getting your diploma, then consider collaborating with BAT.
BAT’s Operations Internship program helps you develop exceptional manufacturing, Corporate and commercial skills – full understanding of the fast paced and ever-changing environment their operations functions work in. The company operates in a controversial industry, in challenging markets and on complex projects. Their talented team have a broad view of the business, and work together to deliver business needs, while acting safely and responsively and improving efficiency and creating one truly integrated global manufacturing team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Executing weekly Health Checks, identifying gaps in system, and implementing appropriate countermeasure;
- Investigating, validating & updating new CL standards to eliminate losses;
- Identifying and prioritizing loss elimination opportunities including the creation of current state and future state loss trees utilizing tools such as loss allocation and S-shape;
- Change Management DMS & validation processes;
- Including process benchmarking & reapplication across processes, modules and plants;
- Process Failures and initial findings;
- Root cause problem solving sessions on key chronic losses for the line(s);
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electronics, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Skills with MS Software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Strong, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, team building and negotiation skills;
- Energetic, self-motivated, results driven, highly adaptable and able to work independently as well as in team.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Open Until Filled.