The purpose of the Engineering Development Programme is:
- To create capacity and ensure proper maintenance and availability of the network through competent employees
- To attract young graduates who align themselves with the Transnet culture charter and delivery promise of on-time scheduled railway
- The programme offers TFR engineering personnel an opportunity to develop a career within the organisation
- It is our desire that our graduates reach their objectives of professional registration (ECSA / Government Certificate of Competency [GCC])
- It will be compulsory for the candidates (during the 24 month training period) to acquire technical training in their own discipline to prepare them to do their technical job and also to enable them to register.
- It will also be compulsory for candidates to rotate through the various disciplines to get background in other technical fields, however still focussing on their core discipline.
- The objective is to have a rounded employee who has an understanding of all the TFR business.
Employees wishing to apply for the TIT programme must have a 3 year National Diploma in the following engineering discipline:
- Electrical engineering (Light current; electronics OR telecommunications)
- Applicants must have completed their “S1 – S4” and also their P1-P2.
- NB: Employees will be placed at depots as per business requirements
NB: The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: 05 September 2019
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
- Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to: [email protected]
- We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet.
- Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]