Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative (CITI) is inviting unemployed graduates to participate in their “ICT Skills programme” for a duration of 12 months. Successful candidates will receive a Vendor certification opportunity at the end of the 12 months.
- CapaCiTi Programmes work on a Pay It Forward model. Thus, you do not pay anything during your programme; instead, you will pay back your training costs in installments every month only once you have a job and are employed full-time.
- Your contributions are used to give another young South African the chance to participate on a CapaCiTi Programme.
- You’ll also receive a monthly allowance to help with transport costs during the programme.
- Advised during selection event
You will be split into 1 of 3 training streams (Java, Python, Software Development) based on your interest and skills level during the first month of training. You will then be trained in one of the 3 streams for the remaining 5 months of the 6 months technical training. At the end of the training you will receive a vendor certification at the end of the 12 month programme upon successful completion.
After the 6 month training period you will be placed in an internship with one of their placement partners. An example of these partners is Younglings who have a long standing relationship with CITI. Younglings Voluntary Association is a Non-Profit Organisation dedicated to creating an environment for young people who aspire to becoming Software Developers.
Who should apply?
If you have strong communication skills, a technical background either attended an IT course, self-thought or done the CAT subject on school, highly driven by success and have a passion for tech, CITI would love to hear from you.
Please note: there are a series of questions that you need to complete on application, including some assessment exercises you would need to pass in order to meet the minimum requirements to proceed. Ensure that you are in a comfortable space and have enough time to complete these – we recommend 30 minutes.
- Matric (CAT subject & Tertiary IT qualification advantageous)
- Aged between 18 and 25 years
- South African Citizen
- Must live in Cape Town
6 Months Training
- 1 month front end and basics
- Mock assessment
Post Training internship
- Internship and upskilling
- Vendor certification opportunity at the end of the 6 months with two assessment opportunities – Microsoft or Oracle depending on stream.
- Step 1: Register a profile
- Step 2: Apply
- Step 3: Complete Application & Assessment questions
- Step 4: Progressed (Shortlisted) applicants invited to attend an Information session & Interview
- Step 5: #Yourdigitalfuturebegins