Programme Duration: 24 months (2 years)
Start date: 1 March 2022
The graduate programme is designed to contribute to your development primarily as follows:
Through our customised onboarding programme, we will settle you into Santam within the first 100 days and set you up for success. You will be immersed in a series of accredited learning assets covering areas meant to anchor you in your journey of 24 months, while we expose you to the latest curated on-line content addressing our DNA embedded in five Santam core competencies.
Santam core competencies:
- Cultivate innovation
- Client focus
- Drive results
- Flexible and adaptable
If we are to be found ready for future challenges, we want to focus and be deliberate about building these competencies in our people and coupled with that is to prioritise development in leadership capabilities as well.
Future Fit competencies:
- Creativity and problem-solving.
- Analytical thinking.
- Dealing with ambiguity and complexity
- Digitally savvy.
You will be given access to areas of specialisation, as we continue to build your leadership attributes that we want to see in the future.
Electives – Exposure to technical areas of specialisation in short-term insurance as required by your future role, all along being supported through subject matter experts and one-on-one coaching as you endeavor to cement your development through business informed learning projects.
What criteria makes you eligible to apply?
We are looking for exceptional young talent (between the ages of 22 – 30) who want to make a difference.
Applicants must be in possession of a degree in the following fields:
- Insurance/Risk Management/Law
- Actuarial Science/Tax/Marketing
- Mathematics/Statistics/Data Science
- Chemical / Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Information Technology/Human Resources.
* Applicants with post-graduate qualifications (Honours/Masters) are welcome to apply.
- Plans and aligns – Contributing dependently.
- Communicates effectively – Contributing dependently.
- Action orientated – Contributing dependently.
- Optimises work processes – Contributing dependently.
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Being resilient – Contributing dependently
- Customer focus – Contributing dependently
- Collaborates – Contributing dependently
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing dependently
- Drives results – Contributing dependently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
- Open until filled
How to Apply
>>Apply for Santam: Graduate Internship Programme 2022