Happy by Nature invites South African unemployed graduates to apply for Groen Seebenza Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
Location: Gardens, Cape Town, Western Cape
The Groen Sebenza Phase II Programme is a bridging into work programme funded to the value of R300m for the next three years. GS Phase II aims to recruit 1050 unemployed graduates (diploma – PhD level) and place them nationally in different organisations (government and non-governmental) where they will be incubated (trained and mentored) to further develop their competence and confidence in the management of environment/biodiversity.
HAPPY BY NATURE in partnership with The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is pleased to announce a call for applications for incubation in the following fields:
Indigenous Medicine Plant Nursery Management & Education x 1
- MSc horticulture, ethnobotany, botany, herbal medicine. Stipend: R10035
- PhD in horticulture, ethnobotany, botany, herbal medicine. Stipend: R10035
- Must be a SA citizen.
- Young unemployed and *underemployed professionals between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Innovative, dynamic and creative
- A commitment to career development in the environmental/biodiversity sector.
- Must hold qualifications mentioned in table above
- People with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
- * Underemployed refers to youth employed in any sector than the one they studied for as per the above listed fields.
Internship monthly stipend values (no other benefits apply as these are internship positions)
- Diploma :R6 082
- BSc: R7 359
- Honours: R8 697
- MSc: R10 035
- PHD: R12 035
Candidates holding higher qualifications than the ones stated in the above fields may apply, however only remuneration stated per field will be applicable.
How to apply
- To apply send us an email with your CV and a motivation letter.
- Contact details: Jimmy Symmonds / Cara Harris – [email protected]
30 September 2023