Eligibility Full-time students studying towards an Honours, Masters or PhD degree at any South African public university.
Read more on the general eligibility guidelines.
- The focus areas for the bursary are restricted to the following research areas:
- Modelling and digital sciences (data science, biometrics, cybersecurity and so forth)
- Microsystems Technology
- Titanium (manufacturing elements)
- Photonics (free-space communication, fibre-optics, laser welding and optics)
- Biotechnology (Biopharming, bio-processing and bio-catalysis)
- Information and Communications Technology
Value of the bursary award per annum
Honours: R75 000
Masters: R100 000
PhD: R130 000
How to Apply
Application forms and more information about the IBS can also be obtained from the postgraduate funding office of each of the public universities. For more information on the DSI-CSIR inter-bursary support (IBS) programme, please contact the IBS administrator at: [email protected]