SANSA is looking for well-rounded students, for whom values are important. The Trainees in this role will be exposed to satellite ground station operations which include rendering Earth–Observation satellite data acquisition services to SANSA’s Earth-Observation directorate, providing Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) support and satellite monitoring services to a host of international space agencies and satellite operators, monitoring and first line maintenance of SANSA owned and customer hosted systems, equipment and infrastructure.
The following learning opportunities exist at SANSA Space Operations Directorate in Hartebeesthoek, to be filled by students with relevant skills and qualifications.
- Hartebeesthoek, Gauteng, South Africa.
The successful candidates will learn how to:
- Operate, maintain and monitor Radio Frequency (RF) and electronic equipment associated with Satellite Operations
- Earth-Exploration Satellite Services
- Participate in TT&C operations which involves the rendering of ground segment services to SLV’s (Satellite launch vehicles)
- Launch, Transfer-orbit support operations, LEOP (launch and early-orbit operations) to international clients, In-orbit testing
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance tasks
- Participate in ad-hoc project work
- Provide excellent customer service, via email, telephone and face-to-face.
The ideal candidates will have the following:
- S3/S4 Electronic Engineering qualification with good academic results specializing in Telecommunications
- In search of P1 and P2 in-service training to complete the qualification
- Satellite Technology course work
- Understanding of microwave principles, applications and telecommunications
- Proficient in English language and good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Must be able to use both hands and have good vision
- We are in a remote area with no access to public transport, applicants need to have a valid driver’s licence and arrange own transport to and from work.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing date: 25 February 2020