Position: Middle Office Trainee
Ideal start date: As soon as possible
Reporting to: Manager: Corporate Actions and Cash Management
Duration: 23 Months Traineeship
Location: Head Office – Claremont, Cape Town
Business Unit: Middle Office
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accounting / finance / economic graduate with a ‘can do’ attitude who delivers beyond what is expected of them and is very keen to get well rounded exposure to the Middle Office section of our business. Our environment encourages collaboration, mentorship and ownership amongst other attributes that makes our culture strong and our business what it is. Be part of this dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cash and Collateral management.
- Corporate actions and proxy voting.
- Dealing with audit requests and queries.
- Cash flow management and electronic banking.
- Assist CRMs with client related queries.
- Assist the Personal Investment Client Servicing team with any client related queries.
- Assist the middle office team with ad hoc queries.
- Attending to monthly, quarterly, ad hoc client and regulatory reporting requirements.
- General administration duties.
- Graduate or equivalent (Accounting, Economics, Finance)
- Must be solutions driven
- Able and keen to work in a team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail: VERY IMPORTANT
- Able to work under pressure
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Numeric ability
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to prioritise and function positively under pressure