- Pretoria-Recruit REF: 2021/406
- Mmabatho-Recruit REF: 2021/407
- Nelspruit- Recruit REF: 2021/408
- Bloemfontein- Recruit REF: 2021/409
- R257 508.per annum (Level 7) (Excluding Benefits)
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum two years secretarial experience and or related administrative experience.
- Demonstrable competency in acting Independently, Professionally, Accountable and with Credibility.
- General computer literacy.
- Language skills and ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different background.
- Good telephone etiquette and above average planning and organizing skills.
- Good people skills.
- High level of reliability.
- Written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct legal research.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Ability to identify and handle confidential matters, and to keep confidential matters as such.
- Good grooming, presentation and professionalism.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislations, policies, prescripts and procedures applicable in the public sector.
- A valid driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Receive telephone calls and refer the calls to the correct role player if not meant for the relevant manager.
- Record appointments and events in the diary of the manager.
- Type documents for the Regional Head and other staff within the unit.
- Provide secretarial, administration support and personal assistant service to the Regional Head.
- Receiving and screening telephone calls and refers the calls to the correct role players if not meant for the Regional Head.
- Draft routine correspondences and reports.
- Operates office equipment like fax machines and photocopiers.
- Make travel and logistical arrangements for meetings and events.
- Prepare travel documentation and coordinate bookings for international travel for all AFU staff.
- Take minutes during meetings and prepare same for signature in advance.
- Develop and maintain an accessible and user friendly filing system.
- Handle procurement of standard items such as stationary and refreshments.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders with regards to all matters pertaining to administrative functions.
- Set up schedules for meetings and events.
- Provide general administration support to the manager and operation staff.
- Handle the procurement of standard items like stationary, refreshments for the manager and office.
- Peggy Manaka Tel No: (012) 845 6196
- 05 July 2021
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted to the relevant Recruitment Response E-mail stated below:
Pretoria e mail [email protected]
Mmabatho e mail [email protected]
Nelspruit e mail [email protected]
Bloemfontein e mail [email protected]
- Applications must be submitted on the new Z83 version, obtainable from any Public Service department or here which must be fully completed as per the instructions on the form, signed and dated.
- If the Z83 is not completed as prescribed your application will not be accepted.
- CVs without a Z83 will not be accepted.
- Handwritten Z83 must be completed in Block Letters.
- Only copies of certified required qualifications, identity document and other listed documents as per the advert, must be included with your application.
- All applications must reach the NPA on/or before the closing date.
- No late applications will be accepted/processed.
- The NPA cannot be held responsible for server delays.
- Applicant’s attention is drawn to the fact that the NPA uses an Electronic Response Handling System in terms of e-mailed applications.
- Please DO NOT contact the NPA directly after you have e-mailed your applications to enquire if your application(s) have been received.
- If you have not received an acknowledgement of receipt within one week after the closing date then you can contact the NPA.
- The NPA reserves the right not to fill any particular position.
- If you do not hear from us within (6) six months from the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Successful candidates will be subjected to a security clearance of at least confidential.
- Appointment to this position will be provisional, pending the issue of security clearance.
- Fingerprints will be taken on the day of the interview.
- The social media accounts of shortlisted applicants may be accessed as part of the verification process.
- A valid driver’s license will be a requirement where applicable.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the NPA.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency based assessments (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments).
- The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- Applicants are advised that from 1 January 2021 a new application form for employment (Z83) is in use.
- The new application for employment form can be downloaded at www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies.
- From 1 January 2021 should an application be received using the incorrect (old) application for employment (Z83), it will not be considered.
- NB! Applicants Who Are Successful Must Please Note That the NPA Is Not In a Position to Pay Resettlement Costs
- >>Download Z83