VKB Milling (Pty) Ltd is one of four subsidiaries of VKB Agri Processors (Pty) Ltd, the agri-processing division of the VKB Group. The VKB Group is a significant role player in the agricultural industry in South Africa and strives, through best practices, continuous improvement and world-class operations, to add meaningful value to the industry.
VKB Milling (Pty) Ltd operates white maize mills in Mokopane and Louis Trichardt in Limpopo, and Mashishing in Mpumalanga, as well as a wheat mill and bakery in Frankfort in the Free State.
The company offers employees the opportunity to utilise and develop their skills and knowledge in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Assist with general duties within the workshop of the mill.
- Grade 12 or NQF4
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Afrikaans will be an advantage
- Willing to work at elevated levels
- 1-3 years prior experience in a similar capacity
- Punctual and willing to work overtime
- Clean Criminal Record
- Assist artisan to reduce breakdowns and downtime periods in the plant to limit unnecessary costs.
- Assist maintenance and breakdowns on all electrical equipment and assist with electrical installations and inspections on site.
- Assist with completing paperwork, check sheets and job cards.
- Assist with the start-up of all electrical equipment and repair problems before commencement of production shift.
- Comply with occupational health and safety requirements as per Flour Mills standards and procedures.
- To liaise with internal departments on an ongoing basis to ensure quality service and products.
- To successfully complete all allocated training interventions by direct manager
Skills and competencies:
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Thorough, precise and accurate
How to Apply
Click here to apply for Maintenance Assistant Position
28 October 2022