DEPARTMENT: Water & Sanitation
BRANCH: IBOM: Eastern Operations
SALARY : R102 534 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE : Hluhluwe Dam: Hluhluwe (X1 Post)
Spioenkop Dam: Ladysmith (X1 Post)
Goedertrouw dam: Eshowe (X2 Posts)
REF NO: 200919/08
- An ABET certificate. Knowledge and experience in operating gardening equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge and experience in lawn care processes.
- Knowledge of the pruning, trimming and techniques processes.
- Knowledge of the chemical use (dilution / mix) chemical products.
- Knowledge of daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine / equipment performance.
- Basic knowledge in supporting water utilisation and water resources strategy.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of garden maintenance and planting practices.
- Basic understanding of government legislations.
- Cleaning and maintain grounds and repair tools and structure such as buildings, fences and benches using hand and power tools.
- Mixing spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides or insecticides onto grass, shrubs and trees using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters and other related ground features.
- Maintain existing grounds/gardens by caring sod, plants and trees.
- Rake and mulch leaves, irrigate plants and lawns.
- Sweep parking lots, walkways, grounds, and clean buildings by sweeping, washing floors and windows.
- Assist with maintenance duties from time to time.
- Adhere to OHS Act.
- Mr SE Shange Tel No: (033) 239 1900
HOW TO APPLY
Midmar Dam (Howick): Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to: The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X24, Howick 3290, or hand deliver to the Department of Water and Sanitation at the reception ground floor, R103 Prospect Road, Midmar Dam – Howick 3290.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
NOTE: The successful candidate will be subjected to a driving test.
Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late or faxed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing
date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
“All SMS shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools” People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment
FOR ATTENTION : Ms T Sindane