Primary industry: Retail
Location: Vosloorus, GP, ZA
Job Type: Permanent (Full-time)
To operate and maintain the Forklift in a safe and cost effective manner. Ensure comprehensive Customer service in the Store. Merchandising of stock, shelf price labelling and housekeeping within designated area of responsibility.
- Grade 12 or minimum of 1 (one) year work related experience
- Ability to communicate in English and the dominant language spoken in the geographical area where the position is available
- Ability to perform basic calculations accurately
- Must be willing to work shifts, weekends and Public Holidays
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be physically fit to operate a forklift
- Must have a valid forklift license
- Acknowledge all Customers and determine their needs
- Advise Customers correctly on product
- Assist Customer with any product queries
- Assist with Customer complaints timely
- Add on sales, e.g. paint v/s paint brushes, thinners, etc.
- Ensure efficient Customer service by ensuring that Customers purchases are loaded without any delays
- Ensure Customers purchase are loaded carefully without damaging the goods or the Customers vehicle
- Advise Customers on the additional services provided:
- Delivery service / bulk deposits
- Glass cutting
- Plan reading
- Credit programmes
- Special orders
- Distant ordering
- VIC Customer Programme
- Must be certified in Product Knowledge
- Must be available in aisle of responsibility
- Bulk stock area to be merchandised safely and according to Store layout plan
- Must ensure your area of responsibility is fully merchandised according to Store layout and planograms.
- Merchandise stock according to approved layouts and planograms
- Ensure that your area is free of obstacles, stock is merchandised immediately after being received and that Customers can enter and leave your aisle without any risk of injury or irritation.
- Correct shelf price labelling within area of responsibility.
- Ensure Checklist completed as required when on duty with Canteen and Toilet / Showers schedule
Ready for Business
- Adhere to Ready for Business and Beyond my Control as per the CB Way
Loss Prevention and Security
- Identify any gaps in the displays, investigate causes and report any concerns to management
- Be aware of suspicious behaviours or people and report any suspicions to management
- No product to be loaded for a Customer without proof of purchase or required documentation
Safety (OHSA) Requirements
- Ensure not to overload the Forklift
- Ensure not to overload racking and shelving (Do not stack roof tiles / bricks and cement more than two pallets high.)
- Ensure to wear the Safety Helmet and Kidney Belt at all times when operating the Forklift
- Do not use forklift to lift personnel.
- Ensure that the Entrance and Exit are free of obstacles and that Customers can enter and leave Cashbuilds Stores without risk of injury
- Ensure to report any faults on the Forklift immediately
- Ensure to report in time when the Forklift is due for a service
- Ensure to wear protective clothing when necessary
- Do not operate the Forklift if there are any mechanical faults
- Ensure that the Forklift is inspected daily, checklist completed and any faults report.
How to Apply
Click here to apply for CashBuild: Forklift Driver Position
This position is Open Until Filled.