DEPARTMENT: Water & Sanitation
BRANCH: Planning and Information
SALARY : R122 595 annum (Level 03)
CENTRE : Roodeplaat Dam (Pretoria)
REF NO: 200919/07
- A Grade 10 certificate or equivalent.
- A Driver’s License and Operator License (Certified copies must be attached).
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in driver / operator services.
- Knowledge of organisational policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of government regulations, practice notes, circulars and policy frameworks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- An understanding and commitment of government objectives, policies and programmes.
- Good client orientation and customer focus.
- Knowledge of process flow.
- Communication and writing skills needed as well as ability to work in a team.
- Responsible for transporting of personnel.
- The delivery and collection of passengers.
- Function in accordance with applicable legislative requirements.
- Routine maintenance of vehicles.
- Routine inspection on visible defects around the exterior of the vehicles.
- The monitoring of various fluid levels.
- Monitor the utilization of vehicles.
- Attend to special requests.
- The recording of fuel and fluids levels.
- The recording of operations of the vehicles.
- The periodic checks on vehicles maintenance standards.
- Ensure the safekeeping of vehicles.
- Ms G Mamoka Tel No: (012) 808 9591
HOW TO APPLY
Roodeplaat (Pretoria): Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to the Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to 285 Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
NOTE: The successful candidate will be subjected to a driving test.
Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late or faxed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing
date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
“All SMS shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools” People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment
FOR ATTENTION : Ms L Mabole