DEPARTMENT: Water & Sanitation
BRANCH: Planning and Information
SALARY : R102 534 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE : Roodeplaat Dam
REF NO: 200919/09
- An ABET certificate.
- Knowledge of cleaning principles and experience in chemical use (dilution / mix).
- Experience in the use of cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of basic record keeping.
- Basic understanding of applying safety rules.
- Basic understanding of applying or using chemicals correctly.
- Clean laboratories.
- Clean laboratory equipment.
- Clean glass and plastic ware at Analytical Services laboratories according to procedures.
- Remove and sterilize laboratory hazardous waste.
- Complete relevant laboratory forms.
- Removal of gas cylinders.
- Report broken machines.
- Request cleaning materials.
- Cleaning the chemical store rooms and laboratory coats.
- Cleaning of office corridors and boardrooms. Dusting, waxing, sweeping, scrubbing and vacuuming of floors.
- Cleaning walls, windows and doors.
- Emptying and cleaning dirty bins.
- Collecting and removing of waste paper.
- Freshen office areas.
- Clean the general kitchen basins.
- Wash and keep stock of kitchen utensils.
- Cleaning the restrooms by refilling the hand wash liquid soap.
- Replace toilet papers and empty wash waste bins.
- Report broken machines.
- Ms J Lekekiso Tel No: (012) 808 9750
HOW TO APPLY
Roodeplaat Dam (Pretoria): For purposes of response handling please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to the Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to 285 Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
NOTE: The successful candidate will be subjected to a driving test.
Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late or faxed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing
date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
“All SMS shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools” People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment
FOR ATTENTION : Ms L Mabole