Position: Truck Driver Code 10
Location: Eastern Cape, ZA
Brand: PG Group
Purpose of Role
To deliver glass to and from customers in the most efficient possible way and to the highest quality standard of service daily and accurate recording of various paper requirements
- Code 10 or higher valid driver’s licence with PrDP.
- Experience in handling and moving of dangerous goods
- Experience in handling various types of glass products
- Knowledge and understanding and reading of drawings and production orders
- Necessary experience in glass handling and quality control
- At least 2 years driving experience would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of road workings in your area of delivery.
- Vehicle must be regularly maintained and always clean inside and out.
- Complete daily trip sheets accurately and honestly.
- Complete quality check sheets while Loading.
- Daily monitoring of vehicle and immediately report faults.
- The ability to establish a good working relationship with people at all levels inside and outside the company.
- Must be honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast pace and pressurised working environment.
- Must have high physical and mental energy levels.
- Follow all works instructions, standard operating procedures and business rules.
- Adhere to environmental, safety and housekeeping standards, as well as rules of the road.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and shift rotation when required.
- Ensure that you Load and offload in a safe manner at all times.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed neatly and accurately.
- You are required to assist in loading material onto the vehicle before leaving the premises for delivery.
- Any other task requested by the Factory Services Manager to be carried out to the best of your ability.