DEPARTMENT: The Office of the Chief Justice.
SALARY: R173 703 per annum.
CENTRE: Gauteng, Pretoria
REF NO: 2020/21/OCJ
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Computer skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good interpersonal and Public Relation skills
- Good Administration and Organisational skills
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- paralegal qualification (Advantageous)
- knowledge of court process and procedure (Advantageous).
- Render efficient and effective support services to the Court.
- Issuing of Court process at General Office, case management duties.
- Render counter service duties /functions.
Prepare, analyse and submit Court statistics.
- Maintain and keep all registers for Civil and Criminal matters.
- Filing and archiving of both Civil and Criminal process.
- Attending to case management and set down notices.
- Act as a liaison between Judges and Legal Practitioners.
- Requisitioning of accused persons from prison.
- Attend to correspondence and enquiries from the public and stakeholders.
- Prepare and send cases to transcribers for appeal and review purposes.
- Attend to complaints from prisoners and members of the public.
- Perform administrative duties in respect of mental health, petition, review and appeal matters.
- Act as a liaison between Registrar and Legal Practitioners, provide administrative support in general as requested by the Chief Registrar, Court Manager and Supervisor.
- Ms T Mbalekwa Tel No: (011) 335 0404
HOW TO APPLY
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X7, Johannesburg, 2000 or hand deliver applications to the 12th floor, Cnr Pritchard and Kruis Street, Johannesburg.
Closing Date: 28 February 2020 at 16:00
- Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes, including a competency assessment for Senior Management Service.
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies are allowed;
certification should not be more than three months old).
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applications received after the closing date, as well as applications received via fax or email, will NOT be considered or accepted.