PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To identify, on a timely basis, those claims for which there is a litigious dispute to enable settlement offers/tenders promptly and also those that require thorough, early investigation and rigorous development of the legal defence issues to enable a trial strategy which is reflective of the case’s value.
REF: JOILD 17012020 PTA
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Conduct preliminary assessment of litigated files.
- Recommend a litigation strategy and actions to bring the matter to finality.
- Monitor litigation plan and strategy.
- Escalate matters with litigious disputes to pleadings processes.
- Ensure panel attorney trial preparation
- Report on trial out comes and out of court settlements.
- The total cost to company of minimum package applicable to this position is R270 525.00 per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
- NQF 6 (Diploma/ Advanced Certificate) related qualification to discipline
- Relevant 2 years working experience in a claims/Insurance/MVA environment
TECHNICAL BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Personal Mastery
- Emotional wisdom
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge/ skillful in court and litigation
- A good understanding of the organization’s litigation infrastructure, services provided
- A good understanding of the organization’s business and how panel attorneys effectively contribute to the RAF litigation process
- Patience, tolerance and resilience
- Statistical, numerical and analytical and processes
- Innovative thinking with service quality, and its improvement, within limits of costs and business direction
- Excellent communication skills, orally and writing
- Awareness of RAF vision and strategic/ business objectives
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications can be forwarded for attention of the recruitment officer at: [email protected] OR Hand Deliver at 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park.
Closing Date: 28 January 2020 at 12:00
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages