DEPARTMENT: National Prosecutions Service
SALARY: R173 703 per annum (Level 5) (Excluding Benefits)
CENTRE: DPP: South Gauteng (Johannesburg) Ref No: Recruit 2020/13 | DPP: Pietermaritzburg Ref No: Recruit 2020/27 | Head Office: Pretoria Ref: Recruit 2020/14
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification. Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Good communication and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure. Integrity, reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Able to act independently.
- Able to work extended hours.
Excellent administration skills
- Provide administrative support services.
- Prepare library material received from suppliers for exhibitions and process the return of unselected material.
- Order, procure and process library material with the ambit of supply chain management and asset management function.
- Select and prepare the library for processing purposes.
- Receive processed items and link to catalogue record on system.
- Verify correct labelling against bibliographic information.
- File returned library material.
- Provide support with setting up stock and stock taking.
- Render collection development services.
- Search for items for cataloguing on bibliographic databases.
- Sort and prioritise items for cataloguing.
- Sort returned library material by identification for filing, discard, repair, binding requirements.
- Update correct SLIMS records regarding asset allocation information.
- Circulate special collections and audio-visual material on short loan.
- Thabsile Radebe Tel No: (033) 392 8753
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted to the relevant Recruitment Response E-mail as stated below:
Closing Date: 27 January 2020 at 12:00
- Applications must be submitted on a Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department or on www.npa.gov.za which must be fully completed as per the instructions on the form, signed and dated.
- If the Z83 is not completed as prescribed your application will not be accepted. CVs without a Z83 will not be accepted.
- Handwritten Z83 must be completed in Block Letters.
- Only copies of certified required qualifications, identity document and other listed documents as per the advert, must be included with your application.
- All applications must reach the NPA on/or before the closing date. No late applications will be accepted/processed.
- The NPA cannot be held responsible for server delays.
- Applicant’s attention is drawn to the fact that the NPA uses an Electronic Response Handling System in terms of e-mailed applications.
- Please Do Not contact the NPA directly after you have e-mailed your applications to enquire if your application(s) have been received.
- If you have not received an acknowledgement of receipt within one week after the closing date then you can contact the NPA.
- The NPA reserves the right not to fill any particular position.
- If you do not hear from us within (3) three months from the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Successful candidates will be subjected to a security clearance of at least confidential.
- Appointment to this position will be provisional, pending the issue of security clearance.
- Fingerprints will be taken on the day of the interview.
- The social media accounts of shortlisted applicants may be accessed.
All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency based assessments (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments).
- The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- A valid driver’s license will be a requirement where applicable.
- NB! Applicants Who Are Successful Must Please Note That the NPA Is Not In a Position to Pay Resettlement Costs.