Department: Water and Sanitation
Centre: Head Office
Branch: Finance WTE
- R173 703 per annum (Level 05)
- A Senior/Grade Certificate.
- Knowledge of managing debtors and financial systems applicable to government will be an added advantage.
- Ability to interpret and implement financial management policies, processes and system.
- Ability to use personal computer and Microsoft Packages such as MS Excel to perform basic arithmetic’s calculations.
- Basic knowledge of PFMA and Treasury Regulations related to staff debt management.
- Ability to follow a proactive and creative problem solving approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work under pressure.
- Making follow ups of outstanding debts.
- Prepare submission for writing off long outstanding untraceable debts as per departmental policy and Treasury regulations.
- Perform reconciliation and clearing of all debts related control and suspense accounts at all times.
- Capture transactions relating to staff debts on SAP system.
- Liaise with Human Resources officials and other departmental officials in relation to staff debts take-on due to terminations, resignations, and breach of employee bursaries contracts, theft or loss and other possible erroneous payments.
- Compilation of letters to inform debtors of their debts due to the department and perform distribution of statement of accounts to respective debtors.
- Perform allocations regarding payments made by debtors and Persal deductions to their respective debtors’ accounts.
- Follow-ups on long outstanding debts and assist to debt write-offs.
- Mr T Toka Tel No: (012) 336 8378
HOW TO APPLY
Pretoria Head Office: Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to:
Department of Water and Sanitation,
Private Bag X350,
Or hand deliver to 285 Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria. [For Attention: Ms. LI Mabole]
Closing Date: 07 February 2020 at 12:00
- Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document.
- No late, faxed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups.
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications.
- Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts.
- People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.