DEPARTMENT: Social Development
SALARY: R173 703 per annum
CENTRE: HSRC Building, Pretoria
REF NO: F1/E/2020
- A Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification with Accounting as a subject.
- Knowledge of the relevant Public Service Regulations and Acts.
- Knowledge and understanding of PERSAL and BAS.
- Basic knowledge and insight of the Public Service Financial Legislation, procedures and Treasury Regulations (PFMA, DORA, PSA, PSR, PPPFA, Financial Manual).
- Basic knowledge of financial functions and practices.
- Financial skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Communication (written, verbal) skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Coordination skills.
- Ability to capture data
- operate computer and collate financial statistics.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Assertiveness, Integrity, Initiative, Consistent, Compliant, Honesty, Adaptive & Good interpersonal relations.
- Accuracy, thoroughness and commitment.
- Process advices received (capture allowances and deductions on Persal).
- Administer departmental debt.
- Capture all financial transactions.
- Reconciliation of payroll.
- Pay over of revenue collected.
- File all documents.
- Ms RC Henning, Tel No: (012) 312-7844/7543
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be posted to The Director General, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X901, Pretoria, 0001, Physical Address: HSRC Building, 134 Pretorius Street
For Attention: Ms E Steenkamp
Closing Date: 21 February 2020 at 16:00
- Curriculum vitae with a detailed description of duties, the names of two referees and certified copies of qualifications and identity document must accompany your signed application for employment (Z83).
- In the event of hand delivery of applications, applicants must sign an application register book as proof of submission.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments).
- The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- The successful candidate will sign an annual performance agreement, complete a financial discloser form and will also be required to undergo a security clearance.
- If the candidate is applying for an OSD post, certificates of service must be attached to the CV.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
- Personnel suitability checks will be conducted on short listed candidates and the appointment is subject to positive outcomes of the checks.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- The selection of candidates will be done with due regard to the relevant aspects of the selection process as set out in the Public Service Regulations, 2016 Chapter 4/67. Applications received after the closing date will not be taken into consideration.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
- If you have not been contacted within three months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- DSD reserves the right to cancel the filling/ not to fill a vacancy that was advertised during any stage of the recruitment process.