Salary : R257 508 per annum (Level 7) (excluding benefits)
Centre : Pretoria | REF NO: OM/COS 018
- Matric plus 1 – 2 years’ experience in a Records management environment.
- Experience in electronic records management system.
- Experience in distribution of mail, record keeping, imaging and register management.
- Knowledge and understanding of National Archives Legislation, Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations and PFMA.
- Time management skills, communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving skills, customer service / service delivery.
- A Diploma in Office Administration or related qualification will be an added advantage. Proficient in MS Office Packages.
- Distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, courier parcels, diplomatic bags and remittances (transferable items).
- Franking of outgoing mail, and courier service invoice/waybill reconciliation.
- Record keeping of all documentation processed within the Office of the Deputy Minister: Open new files / volumes. File documents.
- Update register for open files. Close files of more than 3 cm thickness. Number each item placed onto file. Complete control sheet.
- Writing of replacement / file out cards and notes.
- Register supply of files to officials.
- Collect signed out files.
- Track files signed out.
- File correspondence that are received back from officials.
- Allocate file numbers to correspondence or documents that has no numbers.
- Box files.
- Label files and boxes.
- Retrieve and transfer files stored offsite.
- Monitor the disposal requirements of files.
- Destroy files based on NARS approved disposal authorities.
- Re-sort and file Registry space affected by destructions.
- Imaging services.
- Document Preparation: Fine sorting of incoming documentation, identification of file plan reference numbers, removal of paperclips and staples, copying double sided documents, etc. Indexing of documents: Opening of new folders for new documents, completion of required
index fields per document, etc. Scanning of documents.
- Quality control: Ensure that all pages were scanned and are viewable in Documentum.
- Verify quality of images and rescan if necessary.
- Reassembly of files and transfer of the files to the Registry.
- Completion of relevant registers.
- Destruction register.
- Disposal authorities register.
- Registered mail.
Should you have enquiries or experience any problem submitting your application
contact the Recruitment Office on Tel No: (012) 394 1809/1835
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted: By post to the Registry Office, The Department of Trade and Industry, Private Bag x84, Pretoria, 0001; Hand-delivered to the DTI Campus, corner of Meintjies and Robert Sobukwe Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria; or submitted via: http://www.thedti.gov.za and click on the “Careers” link to submit online application. Applications must be submitted with a completed and signed form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents or http://www.thedti.gov.za/careers.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019