The Department of Defence is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The intention is to promote representative in the Public Service through the filling of these posts and with persons whose appointment will promote representativity, will receive preference.
Rendering assistance with the preparation and serving of food/drinks in all its forms by:
- Hygienically preparation (i.e. wash, cut and cook) and serving of food.
- Preparing and serving tea, coffee and drinks. Supplying water on dining tables.
- Keeping kitchen, dining hall and food storage areas clean and tidy.
- Removing all kitchen waste. Packing supplies received in the food storage areas.
- Washing and cleaning up after meals. Setting tables (including decoration thereof).
- Waiting on tables.
- Ensure only authorised personnel have access to the kitchen and/or consume meals.
- Ensure the serviceability of equipment and report any defects or shortages.
- Apply a high standard of hygiene as well as safety measures in the work environment.
- R102 534 per annum (Level 02)
How to Apply
1. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/03 (X2 POSTS) | Air Force Base Makhado, Limpopo
Application Address: Department of Defence, Air Force Base Makhado, Private Bag X2010, Makhado 0920 or may be hand-delivered to Air Force Base Makhado, Braambos.Inquiries: WO1 T.A. Matshisevhe Tel No: (015) 577 2029, Mr M.D Mamburu Tel No: (015) 577 2199.
2. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/04 | Air Force Base Hoedspruit, Limpopo
Application Address: Department of Defence, Air Force Base Hoedspruit, Private Bag X504 Hoedspruit 1380 or maybe hand-delivered to Air Force Base, Hoedspruit Military Base.
3. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/05 | 68 Air School, Pretoria
Application Address: Department of Defence 68 Air School, PO Box 15088, Lyttleton 0140 or may be hand-delivered to 68 Air School, Trichardt road, Lyttelton, Pretoria
Maj V. Ngalo Tel No: (012) 672 5039. WO2 E. Letea Tel No: (012) 672 5048
4. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/06 | Air Force Base Waterkloof, Pretoria
Application Address: Department of Defence, Air Force Base Waterkloof, Private Bag X1001, Lyttleton 0140 or may be hand-delivered at Air Base Waterkloof, Solomon Mahlangu Drive/Trichardt Road, Lyttelton
F Sgt S. Maseko Tel No: (012) 627 3063. Capt W.L. Maswanganye Tel No: (012) 672 3064
5. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/07 | Air Force Mobile Deployment Wing, Valhalla.
Application Address: Department of Defence, Air Force Mobile Deployment Wing, Private Bag X05, Valhalla 0137 or may be hand-delivered to Air Force Mobile Deployment Wing, Valhalla, Pretoria
Lt Col M.F. Sibiya Tel No: (012) 351 2663. Maj N. Qwakele Tel No: (012) 351 2564
7. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/08 (X3 POSTS) | AFB Bloemspruit (VASTRAP), Upington.
Application Address: Department of Defence, Vastrap Weapons Range, PO Box 619, Upington 8800.
WO1 R.D. Bekker Tel No: (054) 456 0001/2
8. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/09 | 10 Air Depot, Pretoria.
Application Address: Department of Defence, 10 Air Depot, Private Bag X1032, Thaba Tshwane, 0143 or may be hand-delivered to 10 Air Depot, Thaba Tshwane, Pretoria
Catain D.J Daffue Tel No: (012) 684 2227. WO1 J. Reitz Tel No: (012) 684 2262
9. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/10 | AFB Bloemspruit, Bloemfontein
Application Address: Department of Defence, Air Force Base Bloemspruit, Private Bag X20608, Bloemspruit 9364 or may be hand-delivered to Air Force Base Bloemspruit, Masealpoort road, Bloemfontein.
Maj F.G. Fatyi, Tel No: (051) 405 6310. WO2 M.P. Mosedi, Tel No: (051) 405 6050
10. REF NO: SAAF/06/19/11 (X5 POSTS) | AFB Overberg, Western Cape
Application Address: Department of Defence, Air Force Base Overberg, Private Bag X14, Bredasdorp 7280 or may be hand-delivered to Air Force Base Overberg, Bredasdorp.
Maj M.M. Januarie Tel No: (028) 425 4031. WO1 J. Mentoor Tel No: (028) 425 4034
- All applicants must be SA citizens/ permanent residents.
- Applications must be submitted on Z83 form obtainable from any public service department or on the internet or here must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV (with contactable references and certified copies of all qualifications, Identity Document (ID) not older than three months, including Drivers’ license (where it is required).
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and the evaluation certificate from SAQA must be attached.
- Failure to sign z83 and submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
- Candidates whose appointments will promote representatively in terms of race, gender and disability will receive preference.
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed applicants.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification, and previous employment verification).
- All shortlisted candidates for Senior Management Service posts will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign an annual performance agreement, disclose his/her financial interests and be subjected to security clearance.
Closing date: 30 August 2019 @16:00