Civilian Secretariat for Police Service (CSPS) is offering a food service aid vacancy on a 4-month contract to qualifying candidates. Applicants that meet the below mentioned requirements are invited to apply. (REF NO: CSP/06/2020)
- R102 534 per annum plus 37% in lieu of benefit
- Grade 10 or ABET.
- Food Service Aid and Cleaning experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Confident and independent.
- Friendly and adaptability.
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure.
- Problem solving skills.
- Maintaining general hygienic environment.
- Follow hygiene and safety directives in the food service unit.
- Report broken apparatus and equipment.
- Maintain safety measures for apparatus and equipment.
- Ensure compliance to Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Assist in providing a safe work environment by sweeping or mopping as needed.
- Wash dishes, microwaves and refrigerators. Clean equipment used in the preparation of food.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, hygienic, and orderly condition.
- Collect, deliver, transport, and place waste in a bin as needed.
- Render food service in the boardroom.
- Prepare and arrange food and water to employees during meetings for the boardroom.
- Distribute food and water to employees at the boardroom, as required.
- Manage boardroom utensils and any other equipment.
- Retrieve eaten food from the boardroom.
- Set up, deliver and serve at special catering functions during meetings.
- Mr M Maiko / Mr MS Matsapola Tel No: (012) 393 4359/2500
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted via post to:
Private Bag X922
or hand delivered to 217 Pretorius Street, Van Erkom Arcade building 7th floor, Pretoria at the Reception.
- Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered. NB: Please ensure that your application reaches this office before 17h00 on week-days
Closing Date: 28 February 2020 at 16:00
- Applications must be submitted on the prescribed application form Z.83 of the Public Service Act form only, (i.e. application for employment form), obtainable from any Public Service Department or any Public Service and Administration website or recruitment office within the Secretariat for Police Service.
- All applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of all educational qualifications and supporting documents, such as identity documents, driver’s license, etc. Former employees who left the public service earlier on condition that they would not accept or seek re-appointment; or due to ill health and cannot provide sufficient evidence of recovery should not apply.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the candidate being disqualified.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a security clearance.
- The Secretary of Police Service has the right not to fill the post.
- All posts are based in Pretoria.