DEPARTMENT: Public Works and Infrastructure.
SALARY: R173 703 per annum
CENTRE: Port Elizabeth regional Office
REF NO: 2020/31
- A Senior Certificate/ Grade 12 with Commercial subjects.
- Computer literate in Ms Word/Excel.
- The candidate should be a well-organized person and should be prepared to work under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of any Logis/Provisioning System, as well as a valid code 08 driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Invite quotations from suppliers according to the relevant threshold.
- keep and maintain supplies database.
- generate orders on Logis.
- Administrate supplies transversal contracts.
- administrate department cell phone contracts.
- compile reports in respect of order transactions.
- Liaise with internal & external clients in respect of supplies.
- Ensure compliance of provisioning policies in respects of goods and services.
- Assist on sport checks of e-class accountable stores.
- Mr TE Matiso Tel No: (041)408 2007
HOW TO APPLY
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X 3913, North End, Port Elizabeth, 6056.
For Attention: Ms F. Clark.
Closing Date: 28 February 2020 at 16:00
- An indication by candidates in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications.
- If no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups can be recruited, candidates from the represented groups will be considered.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be submitted on a signed Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, recently certified (within 6 months) copies of qualifications (matric certificate, certificates of qualifications), a valid Driver’s License (where required) and an Identification Document.
- Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA. Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates.
- Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance.
- Faxed, e-mailed or late applications will NOT be accepted. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Note: All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a compulsory technical or competency-based exercise that intends to test the relevant technical elements of the job as part of the interview process.
- Following the technical exercise and the interview the selection panel will identify candidates to undergo the generic management competency assessments and successful candidate to sign a performance agreement and be subjected to security clearance.